Safe water supplies and good water management are fundamental to good health. This information provides practical advice and guidance to control the risks from exposure to Legionella within your home.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- We have carried out an assessment of the water systems (hot and cold) within all homes and where necessary put in place a management system and inspection programme to continue to minimise the risk.
- We provide training and instruction to our staff and trades so that they are aware of the hazards of water hygiene (Legionella) and the methods of control to continue to minimise any risk.
What you should be doing to keep yourself safe:
- Run taps and other outlets that haven’t been used for more than seven days for five minutes, particularly showers and other low-use outlets.
- Descale shower heads and taps on a regular basis to minimize scale build up.
- Report any damage to any part of the water system by calling the repairs line on 01925 217217.
- Additional information regarding water hygiene (Legionella) and the safe practices can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website under the Legionnaires section: http://www.hse.gov.uk/legionnaires/index.htm.
Last Updated : 20 November 2019
Return to top