We all use electrical items and it is really important to ensure the items are safe when you plug them in.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
- We will carry out an electrical inspection at your home every five years.
- If you are moving into one of our properties, the electrical installation will be inspected and tested before you are allowed to move in.
- We will upgrade or rewire the installation to improve it, whenever required.
- We will carry out electrical repairs at your home.
- We ensure that our Electricians and any appointed contractors are fully qualified and appropriately experienced to carry out any electrical work.
- The quality of our work is checked by NICEIC as part of our registration as an accredited body to undertake electrical work.
What you should be doing to keep yourself safe:
- Don’t use lots of extension leads. If you don’t feel you have enough sockets, let us know so we can see what can be done to help.
- Don’t leave extension leads across walkways as it may cause a trip hazard.
- Don’t place items (e.g. coats or blankets) over your fuse box as this may cause it to overheat.
- Ensure that you allow access to your home when your electrical test is due.
- Don’t carry out any electrical work on your home yourself or allow such work to be carried out by persons who are not accredited to do so.
- If you are planning to have electrical work done as part of home improvements, seek landlords permission for this element of the work.
- Ensure that you report any repairs immediately by calling 01952 21217.
- Let us know if you have any concerns about the electrical installation in your home by calling 01952 217100.
Last Updated : 15 November 2019
Return to top