We all use electrical items and it is really important to ensure the items are safe when you plug them in.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
- We will carry out an electrical inspection at your home every five years.
- If you are moving into one of our properties, the electrical installation will be checked before you are allowed to move in.
- We will upgrade or rewire the installation to improve it, whenever required.
- We will carry out electrical repairs at your home.
- We ensure that our Electricians are fully qualified and appropriately experienced to carry out any electrical work.
- The quality of our work is checked annually by NICEIC.
What you should be doing to keep yourself safe:
- Don’t use lots of extension leads. If you don’t feel you have enough sockets, let us know so we can see what can be done to help.
- Don’t leave extension leads across walkways as it may cause a trip hazard.
- Don’t place items (e.g. coats or blankets) over your fuse box as this may cause it to overheat.
- Ensure that you allow access to your home when your electrical test is due.
- Don’t carry out any electrical work on your home yourself.
- Let us know if you have any concerns about the electrical installation in your home by calling 01952 217100.
Last Updated : 01 April 2019
Return to top