Support and Enablement
What can Tenancy Support help with?
Some examples include the following
- Filling in forms
- Benefit claims
- Finding out if the right benefits are being received
- Settling into your new home
- Helping with applications for aids and adaptions
- Money and debt problems
- Maintaining your tenancy and condition of the property
- Gaining access to support from other agencies
- Finding out about local social events and how to get involved
- Taking part in leisure activities, training and education
- Improving personal safety and the security of the home
- Accessing emotional support and counseling services
- Accessing health care services
- Providing advocacy
- Accessing transport etc.
What do I do if I need support?
Generally, the support is designed to be shorter term to help you put arrangements in place to enable you to maintain independent living.
A referral for support can be made by contacting your Retirement Living Co-ordinator or Service Manager if you live on one of our Retirement Living schemes or by contacting us directly via contact details stated below.
- If it is a crisis you will be contacted immediately
- For other support need you will be contacted within four working days
Once contact has been made with you, an assessment is completed and you will be offered a named Support Worker to work with.
How the Support and Enablement Service is delivered
At the initial assessment, the Support Worker will talk with you to find out what you need help with.
This information will then be used to develop and agree a support plan with you.
The support plan will clearly show the areas where you need support and the outcomes that we hope to achieve. It will also state how to work towards achieving them.
The visits will be arranged for a date and time that is convenient to you and the Support Worker.
The service is needs led and tailored to meet your requirements.
Support and Enablement Service contact details
Support and Enablement Service (Retirement Living)
The Wrekin Housing Group
Contact: Emma Brown, Support & Enablement Services Manager on 01952 217386 / or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated : 23 October 2019