Asbestos in the home
You may find asbestos in the following places:
- Ceiling and wall coatings (artex)
- Ceiling and roof tile or sheets
- Floor tiles and coverings (for example: lino)
- Fire protection linings (around meters, boilers, fuses, airing cupboards)
- Within gas central heating boiler units
- Pipe insulation coverings (not the foam type)
- Bitumen-based linings
- Flue ventilation pipes
- External soffits and fascia’s
As these materials may contain asbestos they should not be broken, sanded, cut or drilled. If your concerned about asbestos in your home, please contact our asbestos team on 01952 217100.
How do I view asbestos information on my property?
It's important to let you know if asbestos may be present in your home. If your Trust property has had an asbestos survey since 2003, you can now view the information via our Asbestos survey information webpage. Please call our general enquiries number on 01952 217100 and you will be transferred to a member of our Building Services Team if you have any queries.
Last Updated : 16 February 2016
Return to top