Asbestos in the home
You may find asbestos in the following places:
- Ceiling and wall coatings (artex)
- Ceiling and roof tile or sheets
- Floor tiles and coverings (for example: lino)
- Fire protection linings (around meters, boilers, fuses, airing cupboards)
- Within gas central heating boiler units
- Pipe insulation coverings (not the foam type)
- Bitumen-based linings
- Flue ventilation pipes
- External soffits and fascias
As these materials may contain asbestos they should not be broken, sanded, cut or drilled. If your concerned about asbestos in your home, please contact our asbestos team on 01952 217100.
If there is any damage to any asbestos containing materials in your home, you must let us know immediately by calling the repairs line on 01952 217217.
How do I view asbestos information on my property?
It's important to let you know if asbestos may be present in your home. If your Trust property has had an asbestos survey since 2003, you can now view the information via our Asbestos survey information webpage. Please call our general enquiries number on 01952 217100 and you will be transferred to a member of our Building Services Team if you have any queries.
Additional information regarding asbestos in your home can be found by visiting the Health and Safety Executive website at http://www.hse.gov.uk/asbestos/home.htm.
Last Updated : 03 April 2019
Return to top