Home contents insurance

Does the Trust provide home contents insurance?

The Trust does not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against events such as fire, vandalism and burst pipes.

You need to take out your own home contents insurance by making your own arrangements or through the exclusive service detailed below.

We provide a special service to you as a tenant, leaseholder or shared owner that occupies one of our properties. This home contents insurance policy is there to give you peace of mind at an affordable cost.

How much does it cost?

You can insure your contents for a little as £2.00 per fortnight or £3.83 per month.

How much cover do I need?

The minimum amount of cover provided is £7,000 sum insured up to a maximum of £25,000. The amount of the premium will increase in line with your chosen sum insured.

What is included in the cover?

The insurance policy will provide valuable cover in the event of fire, theft, vandalism or water damage to household goods and contents in your property. It covers most of your household contents such as clothing, furniture, carpets and electrical goods. The cover also includes freezer contents and theft of your keys.

Are my contents covered for accidental damage?

Accidental damage cover is automatically included for some electrical items such as television sets, DVD players and home computers. Accidental breakage of mirrors, glass tops, ceramic hobs and fixed glass furniture or cookers is also covered. You may however include full accidental damage cover for an additional premium for as little as 50p per fortnight, or 96p per month, to provide extra peace of mind.

How much excess is paid if a claim is made?

As this cover is exclusive to you and the Trust, there is no excess to pay. The amount you claim for will be the amount you receive subject to full assessment and any deductions for wear and tear if clothing or linen.

Who is the insurer?

The insurer of the policy is Aviva Insurance Limited.

How do I apply?

Please do not hesitate to contact our Home Contents Advisor on 01952 217046.

Last Updated : 12 January 2016
Return to top
Our Address
  • The Wrekin Housing Trust,
    Colliers Way,
    Old Park,
    TF3 4AW