When tenancy fraud is identified, the Group will take appropriate and necessary action to recover the property.
What is tenancy fraud?
Not using the property as your sole home, including:
- Abandoning the property.
- Succeeding to or assigning the tenancy, without the landlords permission, after the legal tenant has moved out or died.
- Unlawfully subletting the entire property.
Other examples include:
- Attempting to obtain a property using false statements, for example, falsely claiming to be homeless.
- Attempting to obtain a property by using false documents, for example: Using a forged passport or claiming to be someone else in order to access social housing.
- Failing to disclose a debt owed to a previous landlord.
Last Updated : 04 November 2019
Return to top