Buying Your Home

You will not be able to buy your home if:

  • It is a bungalow
  • It is in a rural area or within a Retirement Living Scheme
  • It has been adapted for a disabled tenant
  • You have a possession order for rent arrears or antisocial behaviour.

What other costs do I need to pay?

When purchasing your property you should be aware of the initial costs, which include Stamp Duty, legal and surveyor’s fees, valuation fee and costs associated with obtaining a mortgage.

You should be aware that regular payments will also include:

  • Mortgage payments (if applicable);
  • Building insurance, life insurance and mortgage protection insurance;
  • Council Tax;
  • Water, sewerage, gas, electricity or other utility services;
  • Service charges if the property is leasehold.

Please also be aware that you risk losing your home if you don’t keep up your mortgage payments.

Will the Trust carry out any maintenance work?

Once you own the property you will be responsible for all maintenance, repairs and improvements associated with home ownership.

Can I carry out any improvement works?

You have the right to alter and improve your home but must get our written permission first.

Call us on 01952 217100 for an information pack.

Last Updated : 08 January 2016
Our Address
  • The Wrekin Housing Trust,
    Colliers Way,
    Old Park,
    TF3 4AW