Calendar 2020 competition
This year it’s over to you to help create a stunning calendar representing where you live.
We’re launching an art competition to find 12 works of art which depict images inspired by where our tenants live. The 12 winning entries will be printed in the Trust’s 2020 calendar with the overall winner taking pride of place on the front cover. The works of art will also be exhibited later in the year. A selection of art based prizes will be made to shortlisted artists.
The competition is themed around the inspirational places you live. Creativeness may be taken from landscape, community or home but all entries must be inspired by the areas of Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, Staffordshire or Herefordshire.
- The competition is open to all keen artists.
- Artwork must be inspired by the regions where our tenants live. The areas are Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, Staffordshire and Herefordshire.
- Mediums can include but are not limited to: Painting, drawing, print making, mixed media and textiles.
- Artists are asked to bear in mind that the final images printed in the calendar will be A4 and landscape.
- The closing date for entry is 30th August 2019.
- Only one artwork can be submitted by each artist.
- Winners will be chosen by a judging panel made up of representatives from The Wrekin Housing Trust and its Tenants Panel together with Telford College and will include independent members.
- All entries must be received digitally via the competition email in PDF or JPEG format.
- Each entry must be accompanied by 50 words describing which region/area has influenced and inspired the work.
- You can read the full competition rules in the relevant documents area to the right.
To enter send a digital image of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by approximately 50 words which describing which region/area has influenced and inspired the work. Please also include your contact details including name, address and phone number. By entering the competition entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by the competition rules.
Tips for photographing your artwork
- Take the photograph of your artwork square on. Filling the frame as much as possible.
- If you can use a tripod.
- Turn off any date stamps or markers.
- Ensure that anything supporting the work doesn’t cast shadows across it.
- Set the camera to the highest quality setting.
Last Updated : 27 February 2019
Return to top