Wrekin Retirement Living
The Wrekin Housing Trust has over 30 Retirement Living schemes across Shropshire consisting of one and two bedroom apartments (available to over 55s) and bungalows (available to over 65s).
Located across Telford and Shropshire our schemes are close to local amenities, meaning everything that you need is close by. Our resident's lounges, kitchens and laundry facilities are either onsite or a short walk away.
In addition to the facilities in your home, by living in a Wrekin Retirement Living Scheme you will be benefiting from:
- A dedicated Retirement Living Co-ordinator;
- A community alarm service with personal pendant, if needed;
- Our Mobile Response Officer Service for peace of mind 24/7;
- Organised social activities and escorted trips;
- Residents' lounge where you can relax or enjoy a social activity;
- Resident's kitchen and laundry facilities;
- A monthly newsletter, keeping you up to date with upcoming activities and trips;
- Our award winning, dedicated repairs and maintenance team;
- Useful guest apartments for visiting friends and family (available in selected schemes);
- Our grounds maintenance team, to maintain landscaped areas and open plan front gardens.
Retirement Living Co-ordinator
To give re-assurance and peace of mind and offer tenants freedom and flexibility throughout retirement, all of our Retirement Living schemes have a dedicated Retirement Living Co-ordinator.
- Assist you to manage and maintain your tenancy;
- Offer help and assistance should you require care and support;
- Enable you to remain independent;
- Undertake welfare and pendant checks in your home;
- Undertake health and safety checks in residents areas;
- Organise and facilitate social activities;
- Promote additional services and trips.
Organised social activities and trips
Our organised social activities and escorted trips are perfect for keeping you active, in touch with friends and are great for meeting new people. Should you choose to get involved, you will be given the support and confidence to join in. Past trips have included days out to the seaside, parties and canal trips.
Who can apply?
You need to be over 55 to apply to live in a Retirement Living apartment or over 65 to live in a Retirement Living bungalow.