Westbourne sheltered housing scheme
Woodside, TF7 5QW
Westbourne is located in the Woodside Area of Telford and has 23 self-contained properties consisting of:
- Westbourne - a mix of 21 one bedroom bungalows
- Wealdstone - two one bedroom bungalows
- Community room - this is a short walking distance from all bungalows and is where tenants are able to socialise with each other
- Lounge / dining area
There are open plan landscaped areas around the sheltered scheme which are maintained by the Wrekin Housing Trust's Grounds Maintenance Team and Telford & Wrekin Council.
Westbourne is in easy walking distance, to Woodside centre where there is the Park Lane Centre which includes:
- Community café
- Information centre
- IT suite
- Wrekin Housing Trust Office
Woodside medical practice is a short distance from the Park Lane Centre.
There are regular bus services to nearby Madeley District Centre and Telford Town Centre.
The Scheme Manager's role is to:
- Offer support and guidance to enable independent living
- Complete support plans to assess individual needs
- Organise and facilitate social activities on and off the sheltered housing scheme
- Provide "The Trust on your doorstep" to help with housing matters
All sheltered housing properties are fitted with a smoke detection system, which is linked to the emergency alarm and would automatically trigger an alarm call to the visiting Scheme Manager when on duty or go through to the 24 hours emergency alarm call receiving centre.
It is recommended that tenants test the smoke alarm monthly basis.
The tenant's fire safety leaflet is available and will be issued to each tenant during the sign up process.