Langley Fold sheltered housing scheme
Dawley, TF4 3PT
Langley Fold is located within the Dawley area of Telford and has 39 self-contained properties consisting of:
- Langley Fold - 28 bungalows, a mix of one and two bedroom
- Crown Street – 11 bungalows, a mix of one and two bedroom
- Community room - this is a short walking distance from all properties and is where tenants can socialise with each other
- Lounge /Dining area
- Kitchen / Laundry
There are open plan landscaped areas around the sheltered scheme which are maintained by the Wrekin Housing Trust's Grounds Maintenance Team.
Langley Fold is close to Dawley District Centre where the local facilities include:
- Post Office
- Fast food outlets
There is also a regular bus service to Telford Town Centre.
The Scheme Manager role is to:
- Offer support and guidance to enable independent living.
- Complete support plans to assess individual needs
- Organise and facilitate social activities on and off the sheltered housing scheme.
- Provide "The Trust on your doorstep" to help with housing matters.
All sheltered housing properties are fitted with a smoke detection system, which is linked to the emergency alarm and would automatically trigger an alarm call to the visiting Scheme Manager when on duty or go through to the 24 hours emergency alarm call receiving centre.
It is recommended that tenants test the smoke alarm monthly basis.
The tenant's fire safety leaflet is available and will be issued to each tenant during the sign up process.