What is the cost of renting?
Due to demands on certain areas prices do vary. Within each area there will be sites of low, medium and high demand. Charges are based on a weekly rent and those who are not Wrekin Housing Trust tenants are required to pay VAT.
Please contact the Garages team on 01952 217106 to get the current weekly rent.
What service does the Trust provide?
- Pre-allocate vacant garages whilst repairs are in progress,
- Issue all new garage tenants with a set of garage tenancy conditions at the time of offer,
- Have garages inspected within 10 days by trained and qualified staff,
- Involve you in all matters concerning your garage tenancy,
- Maintain garage areas at least to their current standard and improve the environment and security wherever possible,
- Investigate any garage access problems and get back to you on the proposed action within five working days,
- Encourage you to report abandoned garages, vandalism and theft from garages belonging to the Trust,
- Confirm in writing receipt of your notice of termination of five working days. We will then give you details of your responsibilities and where and when to hand in the keys.
How do I report a repair for the garage?
Please contact the repairs Line on 01952 217217.
Our Customer Contact Centre is open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 12.30pm on a Saturday.
Is there an out-of-hours service available?
The Trust offers an out of hours repair service in circumstances where only the following situations occur:
- You are unable to gain access to the garage to retrieve your vehicle,
- Valuable items are stored inside the garage door will not close or lock securely,
- The garage is in major disrepair following an incident that is considered to be a health and safety issue for the user or the general public.
Please contact 01952 217217.
How soon could I collect the keys?
Once you have applied on-line, we would hope to contact you with an offer and appointment date within one working week from when you’ve applied.
How do I apply?
Applying couldn't be simpler. You can apply online via the Trust Website; you will be able to view the garages available to rent near you. You will receive an email confirming that we have received your application and the Trust will contact you within 7 days to let you know if your application has been successful.
Ways to pay
- Direct Debit is the easiest way to pay Money is taken automatically from your account any day of the week or month to suit you. Payments made by Direct Debit are subject to the Direct Debit guarantee to protect you. To set up a Direct Debit please call us on 01952 217100.
- Online visit www.wrekinhousingtrust.org.uk all you need is your EasyPay ID (19 digit reference number) and your debit card. Or download our allpay mobile app from the Apple app store or Google Play. When using the app for the first time, you’ll need to register using your EasyPay ID (19 digit reference number). Once you’ve registered, you can login using a four digit code of your choice.
- Telephone 01952 217111 to speak to a member of our contact centre. All you need is your debit card. Lines are open 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 12:30pm Saturdays. Select our automated payment line option any time of day or night. All you need is your EasyPay ID number (19 digit reference number) and your debit card.
- Post Office / PayPoint you can pay at the counter of any Post Office, supermarket, newsagents, off-license or petrol station that displays the PayPoint logo. All you need is your EasyPay ID card and you can pay by debit card or cash.
- Standing order mandate is sent out by us and returned directly to your bank. To request a standing order mandate please call us on 01952 217100.
Last Updated : 04 April 2017
Return to top